Friday, October 10, 2014

Round Stars

So Last night was not my best.  I assumed that Maggie would go with me to visit the Bennets but she did not want to go.  We yelled a little and I left her in the garage.  She didn't say anything after I got back.  It was my fault for assuming that she would come with me but the way she beat me up about it hurt.  I make what I think are hefty adjustments to not bother her whether that means no "french kissing" or touching because of breast tenderness and yet she doesn't like to touch me in any way. Hugs and short kisses are fine but nothing more.  I think I just expect/dream of more when I should be content.
Maggie continues to have irritable bowls, soreness, tenderness, headaches and I don't.  I think that this is the biggest challenge for me to be empathetic because I do not have headaches, I do not get sick often and I have no soreness or tenderness.  I just do not understand what she is feeling and because it is all the time I fear I feel like she is crying wolf so that I will leave her alone.  I know that this is not the case but I am expressing my feelings on the topic not the realities of the situation.  The challenge with this is that I do not know how to combat the frustration and the inevitable lapse in judgement when I do touch the areas that are too tender or ask for more when she is not physically up for more.  It also seems that when I ask for something that she wants me to tell her how to do everything and then I feel like I am begging for the attention.  Then when I say no it is brought up the next time I ask.

No comments: