Friday, September 26, 2014

Stars first date

I went riding with Maggie yesterday.  We went 6 miles and the only thing that really bothered Maggie was the seat.  I need to raise it a little more for her legs.  I am preparing to take the scouts to the LSU football game tomorrow.  It will be a long day...We have to arrive by 2:30pm the game starts at 6:30pm we have to stay until it is over, 10pm or so and then wait until the stadium is completely empty before we can leave.  I think that means we will be back home about 1am.  I will be sure to let you know how it all goes.
I am waiting on the call from our Comfort Tech the AC people that are coming to fix our unit today.  It has been out a week.  Luckily the weather has cooled off a little from last week.  We also have two window units from President Gossell that we have borrowed.
Security National is looking at putting in an offer to buy the company.  It is difficult for some of the people here at the office to see them come in with an offer after what they did with the preneed department when we first started selling their product 2 years ago.  I was not part of the initial decision but I have seen some of the challenges that we faced dealing with their management personnel.  I do not know how I will deal with a change like that considering I have had major issues with the managers of preneed here in the area.  It will certainly be interesting to see what happens regardless of how buys us out.  I am still optimistic about my opportunities to buy funeral homes but I really need to look at how the nuts and bolts of the business will function and again finding the homes ready to sell.  Everything is up in the air but it usually is.

No comments: