Wednesday, September 24, 2014

Star dates are enlightening

How shall I overcome the mountains that I have to climb?  I will take them one step at a time and keep looking forward.  I went running this morning and found that when I look further ahead I run a little faster but when I look at my feet or put my head down I slow down.  I am trying to keep my head up and run a little faster.
I am debating what I should do about work.  With the company in receivership I do not have a good way of going out to speak with new funeral homes about the products and services I have to offer.  Mainly because our products do not match with what others can offer nor are we secure enough financially to make any promises.  I need to have this conversation with Cara.  If I open myself up to the opportunity of staying I can spin my wheels waiting for a sale of the company to see what happens next.  Or I can throw in the towel and move on, which means what?  
The real issue is that this company has a great base for work...8am to 4pm is wonderful hours to work.  I do not think I will find this elsewhere.  This has been a huge benefit to me and my family because I have been able to be home more, no weekends required.
I wonder if I am good enough to move on...go back to work in the AV world while I wait for Drew and Scott to invest in my funeral home proposal.  I question my ability to execute even that plan as I understand the business from a perspective of running the business but I do not necessarily understand it from an ownership standpoint.  Also am I persuasive enough to get other funeral businesses to sell me their operations.  Money is not the only thing that is needed to create a successful business.
Regardless to my situation, I am happy.

No comments: