Thursday, September 25, 2014

Stars Date!

I woke up in an especially good mood this morning.  Although 5am still feels early I was excited for the new day.  I mowed the lawn yesterday, I didn't trim anything as I just didn't want to.  I played the Lego Hobbit with Maggie and then went to bed.  Uneventful but peaceful and nice just to sit and play.  I have had a more serious conversation with Cara and she assures me that they want business to continue with as little disruption as possible.  I will continue to go in search of new partners.  I am grateful for my cars that keep driving and for the paycheck that I get.  I know that money is not something I should put my thoughts on but it is a constant source of irritation because it is always needed and it always seems to not be enough even though I really do have enough.
On a completely unrelated note I have been wondering about the issues in Iraq and Syria with ISIS.  I have thought about what Moroni did in fortifying the cities with mounds of dirt then walls and then look out towers.  In our modern era of freedom to move about would setting up a system like this for every city be effective at keeping groups like ISIS out?  Or would this really be more of an inconvenience for the citizens of these communities?  I don't think feasibility is an issue but for example once a city like Mosul were clear of the ISIS group could we build this barrier that would keep the people safe, relatively speaking?  I think I will ask family first and then facebook what it thinks.

No comments: