Tuesday, November 12, 2013

For all of the reading that I have been doing lately on the political, religious and cultural happenings in the world today I find myself wondering what I could offer by way of change.  Politically speaking I think that the US government has become so big that it has become an entity unto itself.  State and local governments are very similar.  First the citizen says I want to live here or there.  The citizen decides based on where they might have opportunities for a job, good education for children or themselves, opportunities for recreation and easy access to food and shelter.  The citizen also wants to live in a place that they perceive as safe from harm from others and that they will have the freedom to go where they please when they please.  This infers that the citizen will also allow others these same things without discrimination.  Access to all of these things today seems essential to the overall survival and well being of the citizen.

No comments: